“EXITbay” or "we" or “our” are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website www.EXITbay.com, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this notice.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.
This includes information you provide when you register to use our site. The information you give us will include your name, address, email address and phone number, date of birth and proof of I.D. If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have given them the information set out in this notice and that they have given permission for us to use their information as set out in this notice.
- Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); properties you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and may receive information about you from them.
- Geo-Location Information. Some devices allow applications to access real-time location based information (for example GPS). Our mobile apps may collect such information from your mobile device at any time while you download or use our mobile apps. We may use this information to optimise your experience.
- Personal and Non-personal information. Personal information is information that can be used to uniquely identify a single person. We also collect non-personal information, or may anonymise personal information in order to make it non-personal. Non-personal information is information that will not allow a specific individual to be identified. You agree that EXITbay may collect, store, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose; for example, the use of aggregated transactional information for commercial purposes. Under this notice, information collected by cookies and similar technologies are dealt with as non-personal information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to understand customer requirements, perform analysis and comparisons and to obtain your views on our services and website(s);
- to develop and test our website and services;
- to improve our site and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to keep our site safe and secure;
We may combine the information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners and conveyancing solicitors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Sellers of Property who host open days and who are entitled to receive a list of attendees including name, phone number and postcode. This will facilitate the checking of I.D by the seller at the Open days.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, although ordinarily only non-personal information is shared.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If EXItbay or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
- To make sure we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we only hold on to your information for as long as we actually need it for the purposes we acquired it for in the first place.
- In most cases, this means we will keep your information for as long as you continue to use our services, and for a reasonable period of time afterwards if you stop doing so, to see if we can persuade you to come back to us. After that we will delete it other than where we lawfully can keep any data for audit or legal reasons.
- Our business is a used regularly by those who have used our services before. We will ask every 12 months that you update your details so that details we hold are accurate and that we are in compliance with Money Laundering regulations. Failure to update your details/confirm that details are correct at that time will prevent you from accessing the sites services.
- We shall keep data on our database for not longer than 3 years from your last recorded open day booking or bid subject to an individual’s right to have their account deleted at their request.
- After this time should you wish to register again then you can do so but will need to open up a new account as though registering for the first time.
- If you wish to have your account deleted then you should request this by email to admin@EXITbay.com
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
For payment of Reservationn fees, you will be redirected to Worldpay, who manage the financial transaction in its entirety. We do not see nor store credit card details.
DATA STORAGE & SECURITY
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or access code which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, and you authorise EXITbay to act upon instructions and information from any person that enters your user id or password.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where applicable, you may have certain rights under the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998, including the right to see the personal information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure it is accurate and up to date. If, where applicable, you would like a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please see the Contact Us section. There is a £10 fee. Where applicable, the Data Protection Act also provides the following rights in relation to personal information:
- Prevent processing where it may cause damage or distress;
- Commence Court action to claim compensation for damage or distress caused by our failure to comply with the Act;
- Object to automatic processing; and
- Prevent direct marketing.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our website uses “cookies” and other technologies, which store small amounts of information on your computer or device, to allow certain information from your web browser to be collected. Cookies are widely used on the internet and allow a website/portal to recognise a user’s device, without uniquely identifying the individual person using the computer. These technologies help to make it easier for you to log on and use the site, provide feedback to us as to which parts of the website you visit, so we can assess the effectiveness of the site and provide a better user experience or to serve EXITbay adverts to you whilst browsing other sites.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage, block and delete them, see www.allaboutcookies.org. You may also be able to configure your browser not to accept cookies, although please bear in mind that this may affect your ability to use the services we provide.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed, or if you should wish to exercise any of your rights, you should write to the address below, marked FAO Corporate Legal
EXITbay, 88 Irish Town, Gibraltar, GX11 1AA